As members of St. Joseph the Worker all parishioners are called to be the visible presence of Christ and the Catholic Church as we strive to be true disciples of Jesus in all that we do. There are numerous opportunities to be engaged through the many ministries and committees at St. Joseph. The currently active ministries and groups are listed below. Please Contact Us if you would like to serve in any of the ministries.
- Altar server
- Eucharistic minister
- Eucharistic minister for visitation to the sick and homebound
- Gift presenter
- Hospitality – greeter and usher
- Pastoral Council: The Pastoral Council is the decision-making, goal planning body of the assembly. The Pastoral Council is the organization, which oversees all other committees in areas of Administration, Education, Liturgy & Spirituality, Outreach and Community Life, and At-Large representation.
- Finance Council: This committee reviews the financial report monthly, offers advice to the administration concerning finance, budget, and in conjunction with the staff, reports to parishioners throughout the year.
Role of the Laity
To read about the role of the laity, Click Here.
Service to Support Our Church
- Altar Flowers – Volunteers needed to provide flowers each Sunday. Sign up for a month at a time. Flowers from your garden or florist will provide a nice touch to our worship space each Sunday.
- Barn sale preparation – semi-annually
- Church cleaning
- Collection counter
- Altar linens
- Yard and facility maintenance
- Ecumenical outreach and prayer group
- Habitat for Humanity
- Loaves and Fishes
- Meals for those in need
- Visiting the home bound
Please Contact Us if you would like to serve in any of these ministries.